Granny hear Me..

Monday, February 15, 2010




Back from Nirvana Memorial Centre
parlour 22



I still saw him walking around
when they
were moving into their new residence.
within a week's time,
there's the news.
we went visiting by the bedside.
I was kindda shocked
seeing him eyes closed,strengthless..


I wasn't close to him.
but up & down around the house
I'd say hi ah gong,bye ah gong.
I'm not fluent in dialects,
thus I very much envy my lovely cousins
talking to the elders..
I remember us kids taking turns
to take control
of the remote.
once he went snoring,we'd switch channels.
he's up,HBO's gone.haha
He and his nerdy glasses,walking wood stick
and a benevolent look.
A typical,cool looking but humorous grandpa.
I felt the closeness,
only between he & his grandchildren..


---


Touching his hand,
I felt like a child again.
playing around with (mom's mom)grandma's
forearms/back of her hands.
I'd pull her non-elastic skin
& play
with her 'floated-up' vessels.haha
I always find that fun
and grandma never never mind bout it..")


9 of mom & mom's siblings always story us
how fierce & strict granny was.


but I always find her annoying & nagging.

I was stubborn
I'd fight & shout or even throw stuffs
(soft stuffs) to her direction.
but I never never had the impression
that she'd ever raise her tone on me.

I was around five.
I didn't quite know what filial was.
I was spoilt.

til I was ten.
I realized something worsen her health.
she was leaving back to hometown in Kedah.
I wrapped the coins,my savings.
shyly,I put em inside the pink plastic basket.

Despite the normal days.

deep down,
have a heart for granny.



I thought money was happiness-
dumb but thoughtful.

I remember her smile so so clear.
I knew she was touched.



she accepted my heart
but gave me back the packets.


I guess that was last.


until I grew older.
Where'd You Go always always get me tearing
each time I listen to it..



---



how long.
have I not touch
this fine-lined,freckled hand..



9 yrs before a hundred,

Rest In Peace Grandpa Low..")




jiunn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

death is certain, life is not (~Rev K Sri Dhammananda)
(we know death will sure come one day, but life, is constantly uncertain... sad part is, we spin ourselves in this uncertainty - helplessly, naively, ignorantly, not trying any little effort to take control over it - letting death chewing us up moment by moment. When death comes, what has we got to die beautifully? What has been the years of life? 活着的日子我们给这个可贵的生命交出了怎么样的成绩?死掉就算了-就这么罢了吗?...what a shame!)

ZJiunn said...

urm.do you mean we're wasting our lives?

no..my post didn't mean to bring this.


at least,they were happy.
and happiness is everything.
you've lived all your life,
you didn't just die for nothing.=)

live life fullest.